I have the mouth of a Truck Driver.
I also usually have the ability to automatically filter it when in the company of children and Lib.
I was trimming the bushes in Lib's yard yesterday and wanted her to come outside and move around, get some fresh air, etc.
She didn't want to.
"I don't like walking around on the grass."
"Well, you need to come outside with me."
"I don't know, honey. I've already walked a lot today."
"Well you have to - I need you out there...in case I cut my finger off or something."
She laughed; it worked; She came outside.
While trimming I found a wild grapevine that had completely settled itself into one of the bushes -- all wrapped around and throughout, so I called her over to show her. She was pretty fascinated and also wanted it OUT of the bushes. It had tiny baby grapes on it and everything, so I pulled a cluster of them off the vine and handed it to her.
"Oh my goodness! They are real grapes! I wonder what they would taste like."
My brain said "I bet they suck."
However, being in the presence of Lib, in that very last millisecond before the word 'suck' came out of my mouth, I somehow managed to change it to 'stink', and it came out, "I bet they stink."
She held them up to her nose and smelled them......
Maybe you just had to be there, but it was pretty damned funny to me.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment