While walking Miss Daisy….
“How’s your shoulder today, Ma?”
“It still HURTS! That shot cost $130, I don’t think he did it right”
--------------
“When they come get the recycle, they don’t put that thing [the wheeled bin] back farther in the yard like they are supposed to.”
“Well, that’s because they come by with a truck that is all automatic, it picks it up and dumps it, and the guy doesn’t even have to get out – you’ve seen them, you know how it works.”
“Well, I KNOW, but I’m OLD and he should just put it back farther when he’s done so I don’t have to.”
“Ma, they don’t do that for anybody – that’s the point of the bin on wheels.”
“Well, they should do it for ME.”
----------
“I don’t think I can make it down to the dirt road today.”
“Ma, we always go that far now, you’ll be just fine.”
“I just don’t know, I already walked all the way to the mailbox.”
“You do that EVERY day before we walk.”
“Well honey I know, but I already drove all the way to the post office by myself this morning to buy stamps and mail a check.”
“Well you didn’t WALK to the post office; you drove, so it doesn’t count.”
…silence….
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment