Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lib-ott & Costello

Today's lesson - when trying to make a Dr. appointment for Lib, and she insists that she do it herself, and the doctor in question has TWO offices that he practices out of in two different towns, just push back harder, suck up making her mad, and make the stinking call yourself.

We verified with her on the phone last night WHICH office she had the appointment at.
Today, total lapse in recall was discovered while in route. The Miss Daisy mobile has some get-up-and-go when it is required to about-face and head in the opposite direction in time for an appointment. Excessive G’s gave Lib quite a youthful look by the time we pulled into the RIGHT parking lot.


I’m not sure where the whole “Magic Pill” theory got started, but as long as I have known Lib, she has believed they exist. Magic Pills probably come from the pharmacy of Keebler and are made in a hollow tree. Today’s Magic Pill was in the form of a steroid shot into her shoulder for arthritis. She basically told Dr. Toma (in no uncertain terms) it WILL cure her. Last time I checked, arthritis didn’t have a cure, but I guess we will deal with that when the shot wears off, eh?


And, “Dear Evon, Please hurry the hell up and get here with that cross body bag as a "surprise" present for your Mom. That stinking purse weighs more than a small child and I am tired of watching her huff and puff and bloooow the walker over trying to maneuver the thing.”


I tried to ask her today if there were any items in there that maybe she could remove to make the bag weigh less and she very promptly bit my head off and said in quite a snit “This bag is REAL LEATHERthat's why it is heavy.”
We all know that anyone trying to give a newer, better, lighter, bionic cross-body bag to Lib will be met with a polite "Oh...thank you honey, but I don't need a new purse", and into the drawer it will go - no change is necessary!


However - when a newer, better, lighter, bionic cross-body bag just happens to show up and it is imported all the way from Arizona and it is from Evon, welllll, there will be nothing more superior on Earth.
Yeah, I'm tricky like that.
White flag…..I give up….Long day…time for a cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment